Help With THe Wizards

acsmanhtml12 17:07 24 Mar 06

I have a new PC one crossover cable and another PC both runnign Windows XP. Can you tell me how to use the wizards to set up the netwrok changet the IP Address settings and turn on file and printer sharing without getting the message you haven no administraton roghts contact the network administrator. I am new to this area of networking so as simple as possible please!
Thanks

Danoh 18:42 24 Mar 06

acsmanhtml12;
I'm not aware of a wizard which can help you setup for a Cross-over cable to connect 2 PCs together directly.

It appears you have tried previous suggestions posted on your various related threads and still got the Error Message mention here?

Especially with Networking, more descriptions are needed. So to help others track back what you are after and what has been suggested already;
click here

ade.h 18:48 24 Mar 06

The Network Setup Wizard caters for ad-hod wired networks. It works fine and is easy to set up (I had to use it before getting a router). The only issue that I had was ICS (which is a pain in the backside). I don't know what you may have done (or not done) to get that error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced