help with wireless sharing

WIXart 15:56 31 Oct 05

i've just moved into a new flat and found i can't use my old ntl router with my flatmates bt broadband connection. The guy upstairs has bt wireless and has offered to help me out. How do i connect to his broadband? i have a pc and guess that i need to buy some sort of device to detect the connection...if so what is the best one where can i pick up one at low cost etc etc.?? I have winxp with all the usual firewall / norton anti virus. both he and i are not really that clued up to wireless. ur help would be much appreciated.

recap 16:23 31 Oct 05

I think all that you would require to get is a wireless 54Mbps pocket size USB 2.0 adapter to share to connection from up stairs. You can purchase one from click here

Taff™ 08:51 01 Nov 05

click here Is about the same price and works well. I`ve had several for different systems. PC World did have some with a USB cable and cradle which allows you to move the adapter to a shelf above the computer or on the desk so you can see the LED flashing on data transfer. Have a look about. Any USB adapter will do it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…