help with a wireless LAN adapter

ben taylor 14:06 08 Jan 06

i have bought a laptop,and i have broadband downstairs,but i want it upstairs,so i bought a wireless 11g 54 mbps router,i have set the router up,and plugged a wireless LAN adapter into my lap top,but i still cant seem to get the inter net,im sure the router is set up fine,i have installed the disk for the wireless LAN,i think i just need help getting it connected to the net,i have windows 98 on the laptop upstairs and windows 2000 downstairs,please help,thanx

mgmcc 15:12 08 Jan 06

Have you configured the router so that it automatically establishes the connection to your ISP?

When you install a router, it is the router, not a PC connected to it, which has to establish the connection to the ISP. This configuration is normally done by connecting to the router with an ethernet cable and then entering its IP address in to a web browser to access the Setup pages. Once it has been set up to connect to the internet and you have also configured its "wireless" settings, it can be used wirelessly from any wireless enabled computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5