Help with wireless connection Netgear DG834v2

Darklighter 13:57 23 Jul 07

Hello,

I have a netgear dg834v2 router of which I am trying to connect to my laptop by wireless method.

Wireless card procomm 2200 on laptop.

At times it says it has found the wireless connection, trys to connect but fails. The laptop can see other peoples network but not my own.

The router works fine to my main PC
If I attach a cable to my laptop and router it works fine if I turn off wfi on laptop.

I use WEP 26 code, SSID all set up in the router

What can I now try?

All help greatfully received.

postie24 16:37 23 Jul 07

Try changing the channel on the router,normally 11 at default,also make sure theres nothing intefering with the signal,cordless home phones for example

ambra4 04:35 24 Jul 07

Setting Up The Wireless System

You have to setup the SSID address on the router first

By default some wireless router come setup with the manufacture name as the SSID address 3Com, Linksys, Belkin etc, you can change the SSID to what ever you want, 452john06 or ezyclip01 etc.

Write it down; as the same name must be used on the wireless device when set it up to access the wireless router.

Do not setup the security system as yet, make sure that you can access the router and browse the Internet first, and then setup the security system.

If you get it wrong the wireless device will not access the wireless router or the Internet

Some laptop computer with a building wireless card required you to switch on the Wireless Radio Antenna via a small slide switch, or enable the wireless card via the PC network connection software.

If not sure check the manual

If using a Wireless Bus Card you must install the software driver on the CD first.

Just read the manual and follow the instruction

You must power of the laptop before inserting the wireless bus card same for installing a PCI wireless card

Inserting a wireless bus card or a PCI wireless card with the power on can damage the card, plus the OS will not load the driver

If installing a PCI wireless card into a desktop computer follow the instruction in the manual all manufactures do things difference

If using a USB Adapter you need to install the software driver first before plug in the USB Adapter

Check out this site before you setup the wireless system could save you a lot of time and headache.

click here

Good Luck Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…