Help with wireless broadband connection

diddi.ash 16:38 05 Aug 06

I have an etec wireless broadband connection, and want to know how i go about putting a lead from the box to my computer as i find having the dongle is really slow, and now i have the computer next to the etec box i can do this but have tryed just plugging the cable into the back of my computer and into the box but nothing happens

Any help?

woodchip 16:50 05 Aug 06

After plugging the Comp into router with Ethernet cable turn the Router off for five minutes then back on and see if it connectes. you could also do the same with computer.

diddi.ash 16:52 05 Aug 06

ok i try that now, do i still leave the dongle usb connected?

woodchip 16:57 05 Aug 06

Not if you connect by Cable. It will confuse it. You may need to enter setup page in the router using IE, to get connected to Internet if you have not already done so

diddi.ash 17:00 05 Aug 06

Trouble is i need wireless for my son as he has his computer in his rrom

woodchip 18:49 05 Aug 06

You can do that after you get connected

diddi.ash 19:20 05 Aug 06

how do i get the router setup page?
Sorry not that good with computers

diddi.ash 19:22 05 Aug 06

could you explain in detail how to do it, and if it does not work how to get back to how it was in case i cant get connected!!

woodchip 20:05 05 Aug 06

You should have a Manual or some kind of setup instructions that you got with the router. It will give you an address something like mine 192.168.1.1 with http:// in front of the number I have put http:// after the number so PCA will not change it to a Click Hear link. You open Internet Explorer and type the address in the Address box at the top of IE
then press enter key, this should start the setup page in the router. You then have to type the supplied Password in the box to open setup page it may be by the box. Then enter in Setup after you get into the setup page your user name and Password supplied by your BB ISP and all other info it asks for

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5