Help windows xp service pack 2

theman1974 10:26 23 Aug 04

I have down loaded windows xp service pack 2, and now i can not log onto msn explorer + some sites i visit regular. Can i remove windows xp serice pack 2, i have tried in the add/remove programe but it wont let me, or can i turn it off. Please help as it is driving me crazy.

Many thanks to anyone who can help

Stuartli 11:06 23 Aug 04

These may help:

click here

click here;[ln];windowsxpsp2

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:07 23 Aug 04

use system restore to go back to a date prior to loading SP 2

G

Stuartli 11:09 23 Aug 04

Try this for the second one:

click here

theman1974 20:11 23 Aug 04

i have tried to restore but it wont do it, i have tried to restore to every possible date i can. i have been on to microsoft and they told me to scan for spyware and virus's which i have, i have removed the spyware + no virus's were found. i still cant log on to pages i have viewed before i loaded service pack 2 + cannot view msn explorer. does anybody know how to reove service pack 2, i have tried to uninstal but that says i cant>

sorry for rambling on

researcher 21:38 23 Aug 04

Sorry for possibly stating the obvious, but have you checked your security/privacy settings?

AS SP2 automatically turns on the XP firewall you may have some conflicts if you have another firewall - or you may just need to change some privacy and security settings if this is your only firewall.

Try putting the site you want to get to nto the "trusted sites" folder of the security settings and 'allow' in the privacy ones (tools>internet options>...)

theman1974 09:00 24 Aug 04

thanks reasearcher, but i have already tried this and still cant access the sites i usually use before service pack 2 was installed,

A&D 09:42 24 Aug 04

Have a look at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 875355. It gives details of several methods of uninstalling SP2.

theman1974 12:05 24 Aug 04

Thank you all for suggesting idea's to get round my problem.

But in the end i phoned microsoft support and found out that it was secure internet sites i could not access and i had dll files wiped when i loaded service pack 2. The dll files missing are needed to access secure web stites.

Thanks again to all that helped

woodchip 12:19 24 Aug 04

This is Why a Image file is better than a Restore

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017