help with with windows xp pro media centre install

blueboy2uk 13:35 01 Apr 07

hello there i got the package on friday so last night i tried to install, all was fine untill i was asked to put the 2nd cd in at that time it said 34 mins to go,so in i pops cd2 it seemed to have trouble finding it so after swapping it between the 2 drives it decided to carry on with the install and then it said 17 mins to go i did think at that time that it was going to be fine but when install was finished seemed to be fine but i noticed no internet exploror was installed and found out after some other things, should i try to do a repair to the install i have? or should i send the discs back to the supplier?by the way its the 3 disk version with sp2 on the third disc,i have a windows 98 se disc can i install that first and upgrade it with the new operating system as i tried to upgrade my existing version of windows xp first before doing the clean install any ideas hope i have given you enough details.

thanks

blueboy2uk 23:03 14 Apr 07

p

blueboy2uk 23:06 14 Apr 07

sorted

ArrGee 09:54 15 Apr 07

Good to hear that you managed to sort the problem out.

Just as a note, anytime I install XP MCE on a machine (clean install), I use DBAN to format the disc first. I have never had a problem when using this prior to installation.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…