help windows xp

jomitch 11:57 17 Aug 03

After installing windows xp I cannot start the help and support program can anyone explain what to do. thanks

JIM 12:05 17 Aug 03

If this applies to you,try the service pack.

click here

jomitch 12:14 17 Aug 03

I was hit with the blaster bug. I reformatted and did a clean installation of win xp sp1. everything seems to be working ok but I cannot open the help and support

jomitch 12:15 17 Aug 03

I have also just done an upgrade to install the bug fixes I have also done the blaster fix but this doesn't help

JIM 12:21 17 Aug 03

Run the sfc /scannow see if it brings up anything.

bvw in bristol 12:26 17 Aug 03
  jomitch 15:06 17 Aug 03

tried sfc didn't show anything.Is there a way I can repair the windows system

JIM 15:28 17 Aug 03

Looking at the link that bvw in bristol posted seems to be a strong possibility.

posting the follow-up link to point out poss fixes.Next page to what bvw in bristol posted.

So many, will take time suggest you try the ones that do not require download at first.

click here

jomitch 20:22 17 Aug 03

Jim I checked the link from bvw the link sugests going into the registry I'm a little chicken to start messing in there. I'll continue looking for a solution thanks anyway

Eastender 23:44 17 Aug 03

Have a look here click here

jomitch 12:48 18 Aug 03

Thanks Eastender. I tried that fix but it didn't help. I've checked the help files, they all seem to be there, but which program actually starts the help program I don't know. But thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…