Help with Windows update problem please

gel 14:56 16 Apr 09

Hello
I have been updating my 2 computers.
All is well on my lap top but on my desk top I had a failed message.
The failed update relates to the item listed below
Need I be concerned?
I had the same failure I think last month with no ill effects
Can any one help please

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86
error code 0X80070645

gel

rawprawn 15:17 16 Apr 09

Have a look here, it looks as though you need to uninstall your previous version then clean up and download again
click here

Graphicool1 15:17 16 Apr 09

Manually download it to your PC go off line. Turn off all your protection software. Then install the update.

isca2 15:20 16 Apr 09

If you search on these forum pages you will find numerous postings from members with problems re this. It is not vital so don't worry as your previous version(s) will be OK. Hide the updates so that you will not be bothered in future.

gel 15:33 16 Apr 09

Hi
On my add/remove progs there is listed
Microsoft.net framework 3.5 SP1
and hot fix for Microsoft. net frame work 3.5 SP1 (KB 953595)
Is this the one I should remove before trying yo install the recent update
There are other .Net Framework references in my add/remove progs
gel

Graphicool1 15:53 16 Apr 09

I have:

Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)

rawprawn 15:55 16 Apr 09

Have you tried Graphicool1 suggestion?
In the past I have removed all .network installations before loading the latest one with no problems.

Graphicool1 16:03 16 Apr 09

Do you have your PC set up to receive the latest updates automatically? In other words is Microsoft offering you this update or did you find it yourself?

Graphicool1 16:09 16 Apr 09

"We’ve been noticing some questions regarding the recent update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 titled “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847)”. This update includes a full family update for .NET Framework bringing versions 2.0 and greater, up to version 3.5 SP1, as well as a small compatibility update for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

If you already have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed, you will be offered this update as an Important Update. If you do not have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed, then you will be offered a Recommended Update. For those users who already have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed, only the app compatibility update will be installed as part of this update; for all other users,.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 will be installed, followed by the compatibility update."

gel 16:11 16 Apr 09

Hi
Normally I wait for the automatic update symbol to appear since I am set to receive automatic updates. But this month I clicked on to look for updates and 8 items were down loaded all successfully with the exception on the item mentioned
gel

gel 16:40 16 Apr 09

The update was down loaded and given a rating of 'High Priority update.
I think I am getting a little out of my depth with this problem and since I only use the desk top as a back up PC (it is 7 years old ) I am inclined to take the advice of 'iscanute' for the time being . But thank you for all your comments
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now