Help with windows internet niggle please

Never again 14:46 23 Mar 05

I have just formatted and reinstalled windows xp sp2 on my father in laws pc which seems to be running ok, apart from when it is connected on its dial up there is no indication that it is connected to the internet in the system tray.

ie there are no flashing icons.

They are not hidden as inactive - so where are they.

If I double click to open the shortcut to his connection on the desktop it shows I am connected and all the status information that you would normally get by right clicking the icon in the system tray.

I dont want to give him back his pc and then get told that he has run up an enormous telephone bill as he did not know that he was still connected.

Any ideas??

TomJerry 15:12 23 Mar 05

and somewhere, you need to click something like "show connection icon on system tray" or something similar

spargo 15:17 23 Mar 05

Try this,

'Start> Connect to', Then Right Click on your connection > left click on 'Properties' and put a tick in 'Show Icons in notifing area when connected'.

Never again 15:36 23 Mar 05

spot on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…