Help with windows explorer

misters 12:56 12 Jan 08

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

I keep getting this pop up on my pc, i run windows vista home.

Can anyone give suggestions on how i can resolve this please.

Thanx in advance.

birdface 13:00 12 Jan 08

Googled.click here= It will give you something to look at until someone can help.

misters 14:05 12 Jan 08

Thanx for the link i have alreay tried that the roblem im having is a lot of the suggestion all relate to win/xp but i cant reall find help for windows vista which i'm really new to.

birdface 15:45 12 Jan 08

Ive had a look elsewhere.But cannot find anything.I don't suppose that you can do an sfc /scannow on Vista.You may need the Vista disc to run it.

misters 20:22 13 Jan 08

Thanx buteman but i dont have the vista disk it came pre installed.
Any other sugestions would be appreciated.

brundle 20:53 13 Jan 08

More information required otherwise it's `needle in haystack`.
How long have you had the problem, did it start after you installed some new software, what anti-virus/spyware/firewall do you use...

misters 12:55 14 Jan 08

Hi sorry for the delay on getting bk to yous all, i use avg/adware and spybot amd fo my firewall i use zonealarm, i just think the problem started when about two weeks after i got the pc, i dont really remember installing anything new except limewire a p2p file sharing program but i have uninstalled that since then and the problem is still there.
I dont really think it was limewire cause i think the problem occured a couple of days after i had been using limewire.
I'm sorry i cant give any more info but i really cant think of anything else i have done to cause this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…