Help with Windows explorer

I have XP Pro, when I open windows explorer all is fine until i open files that fills up all the working area and you have the scroll bar on the right, if i scroll down the whole screen starts to flash, i assume that it is refreshing the screen all the time as if i try to open a file that appears on the right hand window it will constantly go back to the original window, this means that windows explorer is unusable. If i return the scroll bar back to the top of the window all the flashing stops.

i have tried to remove all programmes that i have installed to rule out a conflict that could have developed. Unfortunatly when i go to add/remove programmes it does not display the list, the longest i have left it to compile the list is 2 hrs, i don't know if this is related?? Are there other ways of removing programmes that have been installed on a computer??

If there is anyone out there who could shed some light on either or both of these problem i would appreciate it.

VoG II 19:40 22 Jul 06

click here (possibly)

woodchip 19:49 22 Jul 06

Iternet Explorer and Windows Explorer are linked they use some of same files. So you could try this first. click here

If that does not work try running with XP CD in comp SFC /SCANNOW to repair corrupt files. Or you could try a System Restore before the above to before you had the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…