Help windows doesnt restart or logoff!!

raju786 00:08 16 Oct 06

well as the title says, wenever i try to log off or turnoff or restart windows it just sits there as if i never even pressed those buttons, iv got viruses on the laptop but antivirus software doesnt do anything becasue it cant restart!! iv tried system restore but you need to restart which my laptop doesnt!! help!!!

sean-278262 00:10 16 Oct 06

Get your windows CD and do a repair install.

Jak_1 00:51 16 Oct 06

Your post is confusing to say the least, either you cant log on or you cant log off! The latter is easy. I take it that you are here using a different computer so I will assume (dangerous word!) that it is the first now. As Creature of the Nite suggested, get your windows cd or manufacturers rescue disk and attempt a repair, follow on screen instructions. If that doesn't do it then using the same cd you will need to do a clean install, but, by doing this you will lose all data and have to re-install any programs that you have add since buying the machine.

raju786 02:42 16 Oct 06

that solution would be fine if i had a windows CD to do it with!!!! the problem is these days when you buy a laptop everything is included pre installed on the machine........so no disk or else i would have done that by now. how is the post confusing? what im tryin to say if it wasnt clear was that i cant log off windows, i have to actaully keep hold of the power button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5