Help with Windows 7 Not responding

Spock999 12:16 26 Feb 14

Hi,

I am operating Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have a two monitor system based around the Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E 2.0 x 16 Graphics Card. It is a Yoyotech computer with i7-2600CPU & 8Gb memory.

3 days ago my PC locked and I had to power it down. On reboot one monitor was not working. I checked it out and it wouldn't work with my laptop so bought another. I did try it with 3 different cables.

It arrived yesterday and after attaching it my PC worked fine with both monitors operating OK (around 3pm). Later, at about 7pm) the PC locked again. Fortunately both monitors were working afterwards.

I am certain that the original second monitor wasn't working but before establishing that I had been worrying that the video card might be giving problems. I had reused the DVI cable so that wasn't the problem.

There have been no other obvious problems. I have had a USB device dropping in and out but haven't been able to establish which one it is.

Just now having looked up on the internet possible causes for Windows 7 not responding, I started to check the disks and when I did so both screens kept jerking every couple of seconds. That has stopped now but does make me wonder again about the video card.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…