Help with win 98 please.

Grandad D 11:19 12 Jan 03
  Grandad D 11:19 12 Jan 03

Hi, The other day my brother in law phoned with a problem with win 98. On start up it gives a "fatal exception error" and will only run in safe mode. As he knows even less than me and live's some 350 miles away up-north I got him to try the usual. System file checker, Registry checker and scanreg /restore from DOS. None of this worked. Any ideal would be very helpfull please. Thank you, Dennis

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:27 12 Jan 03

It could be one of a number of things. Direct him to click here as this is the most comprehensive help site. Are there any numbers/letters identifying the error?

Grandad D 11:33 12 Jan 03

Hi GANDALF <|:-)>, He is not on the internet. It says "fatal exception error at 203f 000 00316" Thanks, Dennis,
I have to go off line for a while as I have just moved my computer to fit some new speakers and found a mains plug with no top to it. Good job my little dog can't fit round the back or he would have got a bit of a shock!! Pays to check now and again.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:22 12 Jan 03
  Grandad D 14:07 12 Jan 03

Hi GANDALF <|:-)> Thank you very much for the help. I will let him know what to try next. Cheers, Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…