Help Will Not Start!!!!!!!!!!!

fu bared 08:27 01 Apr 05

I have a self built computer running xp it has xp2800 chip, 3x256pc2700, 128mb fx5200 vga card, 3 hard drives, 3 roms + cards all has been running fine for 1 years, not had any more upgrade except for new power supply because of it freezing when trying to capture from my new camcorder not surprising really, so upgraded to a 500watt psu, works fine but still freezing when trying to capture and if I touch the mouse. Cpu was at 70%, until last night when I got the blue screen.
1. H/D light on case works.
2. Does not go through post.
3. All roms start as normal.
4. Tried diff memory combo's.
5. Not test hard drive but will this morning.
6. Tried a different vga card but no diff.
7. Cpu fan works.

fu bared 10:28 01 Apr 05

Any idea's anyone

Yoda Knight 10:44 01 Apr 05

try with 1 ram stick at a time - u might find 1 of them is DOA

Storik 10:56 01 Apr 05

Try Yoda Knight's solution first - it is very sound.

If that doesn't work, you could try resetting the BIOS to default, or even clearing it via the jumpers.

If the worst comes to the worst, try putting each component in separately and rebooting after installing each one. This won't work, of course, if it proves to be your memory chips.

bamfiesler 11:05 01 Apr 05

I had this problem a while back, when I tried to reintall Logitech webcam drivers. I got the smae thing, a few frames then the whole thing locking up. I reckoned it was a conflict between the logitech stuff and Windows movie maker, so I uninstalled all files relating to logitech, and all's well now.

Could be a conflict, somewhere.

fu bared 15:10 01 Apr 05

Turned out to be the motherboard. Tryed each bit in a good computer and counted out each piece until only the motherboard was left. Thankyou for all your advise.

Cheers lads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…