Help with Wiireless Connection on laptop

burjbabe 12:16 12 May 08

I had a Netgear wireless router that worked perfectly with my laptop then the plug broke and i bought a new one. Tried to install it and didnt work, so decided to go all out to find a new plug for old router! Problem sorted or so I thought, plugged it in and all other laptops in the house find it as usual, but mine wont. If I search for wireless networks it simply says windows cannot configure this wirless connection. I have tried repairing and am getting no where. Problem is not helped by living in Dubai and its all a bit weird here! But must have done something to my laptop as all others work perfectly. Can anyone help.. please..?

brundle 14:02 12 May 08

Make and model of laptop? Built in wireless? You might need to re-install the wireless drivers.

Check WZC is running;
Start menu/run, type services.msc, press return, scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration - is it started and set to Automatic? If not it may have been disabled by a third-party wireless management suite that came with your laptop/wireless device. None are simpler or more straight-forward than the built-in Windows one in my experience.

The above assumes you are using XP.

burjbabe 14:55 12 May 08

Thank you so much.. problem solved and working perfectly!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017