HELP, wifi connection switched off on laptop

athenrye 13:41 PM 04 Nov 12

hi I have a dell laptop 1545 that is now running windows 8 for a week and been great, 100% with no issues from a new clean install...

however today grandchild was pressing keys on it, and it think he pressed the F2 off key

I have chacked various forums and it seems that either F2 or Fn+F2 switches it back on, sometimes if you hold it down for 30 sec to a min

this isn't working ive checked the hardware and it says the cards are working properly...

is it something to do with the fact the laptop used to run Vista and dell software, now its been upgraded to windows 8 these f2 functions don't work?

if that's the case why does it seem its switched it off?

I see the internet connection in the start tray with greyed out with "not connected- connections available" why is this so hard?

northumbria61 14:22 PM 04 Nov 12

Check in SERVICES to see if WLAN is running - if not RESTART the Service.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:22 PM 04 Nov 12

Fn + F2 one quick press to change

athenrye 14:48 PM 04 Nov 12

hi Northumbria, I checked that and it was running... just looked and the wifi is now working! ive pressed F2 that many bloody times I don't know what has and hasn't worked

fruit I tried what you said so may times as that whats in the manual it didn't seem to work, id love to switch it off and try switching it back on again but im not going through those few hours again!!!

thanks for the help why are they made to drive you crazy!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:56 PM 04 Nov 12

It has to be both keys together

funny hold a child can work technology when us oldies struggle :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know