HELP! Why doesn't my laptop allow me to download?

mezw 18:18 03 Dec 06

Hi!

This is my first time on these forums, because I'm having a crisis!! And I'd appreciate any help!

I use a web based email - and for a while now i've been unable to download attachments or attach files to emails. A box comes up saying that there isn't enough memory to allow it. I've emptied temp int files etc, but to no afail. It won't let me save attachments either.

I spoke to a man from my broadband provider (who seemed to know his computer stuff) and by the end of our converstaion he seemed to think that the problem was to do with my Norton AV, which has been playing up since my problems started. I'd been running Norton Int Sec 04 on my lap top for the last few months (had it free years ago).

Finally having enough of Norton playing up, I made the decision today to remove Norton Int Sec from my laptop and put free software on it instead. So the deed was done - goodbye to Norton, but as soon as I started trying to download avast AV etc, the same problem happened - it seemed to be downloading ok, but right at the end - the same box came up saying I had insufficient memory. Argh! It won't let me download anything, not a free firewall, or spyware stuff. So I'm seriously concerned, hence this crisis message.

Can anybody help me? What's the problem with my laptop? What should I do next?

Help!

mezw

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 03 Dec 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced