Help! What have I done?

numskull 17:55 04 Sep 07

I connected to Sky broadband today with the sky router and all has been fine. I changed the password this afternoon and now pages in IE7 or Firefox are not loading properly. The icon in the tab and the hour glass keep going round and round.
Can anyone help.

ambra4 18:01 04 Sep 07

Which password you change access to the router???

Password to your Internet account access????

numskull 18:20 04 Sep 07

To the password router.
Tried clearing Internet history and cookies.
Tried rebooting the router but still the same.
Seems to be having trouble connecting to e-mail

numskull 18:36 04 Sep 07

According to Sky technical help "Do not change the router password."

ambra4 19:30 04 Sep 07

You have to reset the router by holding down the reset button at back of router for 2 -3 min this would set it back to the factory setting

Access the router set up and reconfigure it useing the old user name and password

ambra4 19:33 04 Sep 07

According to Sky technical help "Do not change the router password." you should have listen to the tech support (Old saying if not broken leave well alone)

Hope this help good luck

Tim1964 22:50 04 Sep 07

Just to clarify....

Did you change the password to be able to bring up the router's setting page (the box that pops up after you enter click here, etc) or the password that was entered into the router by Sky ??

Best bet (as above) reset the router and start again.

numskull 09:22 05 Sep 07

I reset the router password after accessing it through network places and entering the admin +sky logon. I changed it as most routers seem to required that for security but not Sky. Their broadband seems to be unique! Anyway, after phoning tech support I discovered not to change the router password as this affects the connection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:52 05 Sep 07

Change it back again

numskull 10:11 05 Sep 07

I have changed it back after tech support's advice.
I rebooted the rooter using the indent at the back of the router and all seems to be fine again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…