babybell 20:14 31 Oct 04

I was doing a bit of spring cleaning on my pc and i was removing stuff that i THOUGHT was ok to delete but now i have a problem. When i launch internet explorer it cannot find any websites, i just says page cannot be downloaded. Im running windows 98 with BT Broadband. I thought i might have removed something to do with Broadband so i reinstalled it and its still not doing anything. It connects to the internet and it says its sending and receiving fine so all the hardware is working but i cannot get anything up. I still have my Windows CD, is there anything i can do without reinstalling windows (By the way im using a friends PC b4 people ask how im managin to write this!) PLEASE HELP!!!

babybell 20:17 31 Oct 04

Also i cannot use MSN messenger to log in, it says i have no internet connection, and that doesnt use explorer initially, so it cant be that, can it?

VoG II 20:18 31 Oct 04

Try WinsockFix click here

babybell 20:21 31 Oct 04

I remember now! I deleted Newdotnet cuz i new it was bad, hope this helps, nice one cheers mate

VoG II 20:23 31 Oct 04

Yep, that's the culprit click here

You can always come here and ask first before doing aggressive housekeeping.

VoG II 22:21 01 Nov 04

Did it work?

babybell 16:53 03 Nov 04

Yes worked perfectly, thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…