Help with website please...

Gaz 25 22:29 21 Dec 04

Hi folks,

First off, hope you all have a happy christmas and new year!

Ok, now I need to explain that I am not advertising in anyway, I am asking for help regarding the webdesign, and I am happy for this thread to be deleted, if you feel this thread should be removed due to advertising.

However, my problem is with frames. The redirecting URL that one and one give me uses URL masking which puts my website in a frame. However this has developed a large problem with Horizontal scrollbars, which as you all know is now good at all. The website address for you to look at, and see the problem is: click here and as you can see a horizontal scrollbar is displayed. While at click here - the problem isn't displayed - so it has to be with the frames. I've tried everything to remove it but it seems impossible.

I have reduced the widths, to no luck.

Can anyone suggest anything else? The only fix I could find was removing the decrelation to WC3 at the top - but that then damaged the widths, and means it may not be compatible with other browsers.

Any ideas? Thank you, in advance.

Regards,
Gaz 25

LeadingMNMs 10:30 22 Dec 04

I don't see any scroll bars on the first link and i cn't get the 2nd to load.

Another option would be to completely remove the frames and use CSS to position everything on the one page, or use a table to layout the page.

My resolution is 1024 by 768 by the way.

LeadingMNMs 15:32 22 Dec 04

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood your problem and now see what you mean.

I was using Firefox earlier and that displayed the page with no horizontal scrollbar, whereas Internet Explorer does, so this looks like a problem with the way Internet Explorer handles frame pages, perhaps by adding extra padding or margins. The easy answer would be to hope everyone used a browser that is not IE, though with 90% of people using it, its not feasable.

So I would play around with the margins and paddings of elements, setting there horizontal components to 0 and seeing if that works. Another option would be to set the body section to a width of 99% (or less) and see if that makes any difference. However, doing these could ruin the pages layout.

Gaz 25 17:28 22 Dec 04

and none work.

Seems like the only idea is to use DNS for the hosting.

I'll leave this open for anymore suggestions before I set the DNS up.

Thanks so far guys.

Regards,
Gareth

Gaz 25 19:07 22 Dec 04

That works until I have the DNS set-up.

Gaz 25 19:08 22 Dec 04

for a few days, and see if anyone can suggest anything while I can keep my URL masking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…