Help with website build

ray_uk 12:46 26 Feb 14

Hi im new to the forum, so hellow everyone. I was recommended to join the group. What my problem is. Ive just retired and hoping to build a simple website. I have tried my hardest to try and figure out how to build a website. I joined Vista printcand got ripped off. They took 2 payments from me after I canelled the plan. Can anybody here build or start me off with my own small website. The website is about old directories of south wales. names streets trades etc I have about 40 PDF Files and download after payment. I need home page online store, products, about us, contact us. and pay now carrt payments to paypal. Ive set up a pay now account. Please can anybody just build a small website for me. One the website is created,, then this will kickstart me to continue to update the site. Also confusing with links etc. Hope you can help

Woolwell 11:53 27 Feb 14

You can build it yourself with the right tools. You need to find a reliable host and suggest you check copyright rules.

LastChip 23:16 01 Mar 14

I don't think you need to go to the US or anywhere else to get a website built. There are hundreds if not thousands of perfectly good developers right here in the UK - me included!

Your problem is, you actually don't want a website as such, by the sound of it, you want an e-commerce platform.

There are plenty available. I favour opencart, but there are others - some free, others with all sorts of price tags. All of them will use a database back-end.

You could also simply use a host providers off the shelf e-commerce site. Most of the major providers can offer that service - 123-reg.co.uk or 1and1.com to name just two.

So there are plenty of options. It's just a question of deciding which path you want to take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…