Help with Web Recovery Please

Bagsey 09:49 23 Jun 08

I built a web site for our Probus Club click here some years ago and have recently changed my computer. Although I had saved the MS Front Page files to a usb drive I now find that I cannot recover them in a way that I can get them into Front Page to edit and update the site. I have manged to get the program set up so that I can open the pages but they are in some mode that prevents any work being carried out. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong, it is such a long time since I did this that my brain has got lost.Thanks for any advice.

Bagsey 18:41 23 Jun 08

Thank you very much for your advice. I can report that I did as you suggested and checked the file properties and yes they had changed to read only. I changed them back and all is now well.
Is it an automitic change to read only when files are saved to an external usb disc. I dont recall anything being mentioned when I was doing my backup???
Anyway thanks again.

Forum Editor 23:14 23 Jun 08

specifically to stop someone doing exactly what you are trying to do - open them and change them.

FrontPage acts to prevent more than one person working on a site's files at any one time, so that one person's published files aren't accidentally overwritten by someone else. This doesn't happen when you save your site back to the FrontPage web folder on your hard drive, but it will happen if you save the files to another location - in your case to a USB drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…