Help wanted RE: "Wireless Internet" Laptops..

AnthonyB 15:58 01 Nov 03

I am thinking of getting one of these ?Internet portable? Laptops, but still not sure what they are all about. When you buy one of these, do you have to get any EXTRA?S (like cards etc) to put in? - Or do they all come ready to surf on the web - wireless of course, and can you keep your normal ISP (freeserve in my case). Can someone give me a little more insight into these ?new? products (new to me anyway :) - and is this CENTRINO technology universal or something, and what does it mean

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Tony

Belatucadrus 16:41 01 Nov 03
  toni b 17:49 01 Nov 03

You can buy a laptop with built in wireless connectivity (wifi) such as centrino brand by intel or you can buy a regular laptop and by an addon card (wifi)which goes into the card slot on the laptop.In regards to surfing you need to be with in range of a wireless access point and have permission to be able to access it,If it is secured.look here for a bit more info click here or click here

AnthonyB 19:09 01 Nov 03

Thanks ToniB

Will look into it, although all i want to do is use it round the house - not away from home.

AnthonyB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…