Help Wanted!! For complete home IT set-up upgrade

BeccyC18 22:13 24 Feb 14

Hi everyone! My dad's just given me some money for my 18th birthday to upgrade our home IT set-up...so I'm looking for some help from yourselves... :-) There are 6 of us at home - mum, dad and us 4 kids (although big sis has just gone away to Uni). We have TalkTalk Fibre, router with NAS (for movies and iTunes), 2 desk-tops, 3 laptops, 5 iPhones and 2 iPads. We also stream movies from the NAS to 2 different TV's around the house. Music is mainly via iTunes (and Spotify too) but we don't have any surround sound / HiFi to play music aloud.

I have lots of questions/requests for help...so here goes... - should we get Apple TV and a surround sound system to play music (and enhance sound on one of the TV's) - should we set up a home network with a server? (and if so, how?) - what's the best way to do back-ups (particularly with Big Sis now away at Uni) - how do we access NAS content away from home? - Is Sonos and the like any good? - how can we speed-up streaming from NAS to multiple devices? - how can we speed-up Internet?

BASICALLY...HELP!!

Advise really appreciated. Many Thanks Beccy x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…