Help VoG!!

steviegee 16:20 15 May 08

With reference to click here I closed the work book to carry on tomorrow and saved changes. I have now found the sheet I was working on with all my data has disappeared. All is left is the column A. What can I do to get it back please?

VoG II 16:25 15 May 08

I'm afraid that I have no idea.

My code could not have caused this to happen - it only coloured cells.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:45 15 May 08

1. look to see if excel has save a temporay copy of your data filename probably starts with $.

2. Not sure if s system restore will take you back to before the problem started and recover your file.

steviegee 07:28 16 May 08

Where can I find these temp files. It must have had something to do with the macro as why would it have done this?

steviegee 08:07 16 May 08

I may have found the problem. I was working on a csv file and it may have saved the only sheet I had active at the time. Is there anything I can do to get the other back or have I lost all my work?

VoG II 08:27 16 May 08

If you saved it as a csv it would only save a single sheet. Unless you saved a backup .xls file I'm afraid that you have lost your work.

steviegee 16:10 16 May 08

Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening in the future. Is there any sort of automatic back-up that can be set up in the background?

Terry Brown 16:17 16 May 08

have alook at this site (microsoft), it may help.
click here
Terry

Terry Brown 16:24 16 May 08

Steviegee.

VOG is like all of us who help, doing it out the goodness of his heart, not for gain,he has helped out many people (including me).

Please do not 'Jump the gun' in future as this site relies on the goodwill of all persons who contribute.
Terry

steviegee 09:15 19 May 08

Terry Brown what is your problem, what are you going on about?

VoG II 10:21 19 May 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017