Help with VMWare

tobyb121 21:02 23 Jun 07

I am using VMWare Workstation(the most recent version) on vista, and made a few virtual machines now which are all working. But I want to be able to use a partition of my physical hard drive as the drive for my virtual machine. But after I have set it up, I come to run it and I get this message:
Operation on file "\\.\PhysicalDrive0" failed (Access is denied).
If the file resides on a remote filesystem, please make sure your network connection and the server where this disk resides are functioning properly.
If the file is a CD-ROM image or a floppy image connected to one of the virtual machine's drives, choose Continue, then disconnect the drive. In all other cases choose Abort to terminate the session.
I then have to press abort, and it closes down my virtual machine. It happens as the machine boots up. I am an administrator etc. on vista. And I am trying to install onto my second partition, which is currently an empty partition.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or had a simelar problem, or even know a website where I might be able to find an answer.
Thanks tobyb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac