HELP VIRUSES COMMING OUT THE WOODWORK

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:33 19 Dec 03

Hi just got back from formating and putting xp home on put my stuff back on AVG found 2 worms straight away first was WORM/AGOBOT in C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32WINHLP~1.EXE
second was
WORN/NATCHI in
C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINS\DLLHOST.EXE

Avg said it healed the agobot 1 ok but it said it couldnt heal other had to put file to virus vault but the file cant be moved it said so it still on pc how do i remove it safly? im new to xp so not sure what to do.

Regards.

johnnyrocker 13:37 19 Dec 03

click here and download the appropriate removal tool and save to desktop or similar and specifically follow the instrutions re system restore.

johnny.

Jester2K II 13:38 19 Dec 03

Reboot in Sfae Mode and re scan. Switch off System restore first.

Before you formatted did you save a copy of the RPC patch from MS to prevent infection by MSBlaster Nachi etc? If so, install it before going on the net other wise it'll keep coming back.

Patch also click here

MAJ 13:39 19 Dec 03

Download "Stinger" click here it should remove it for you.

If AVG has put it in the Virus Vault you should be able to delete it from there by clicking on it in the VV and go File > Delete Files.

Taff36 13:40 19 Dec 03

click here

This may be later than the others but it may lead you straight there. Note Jesters first line - very important !!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:43 19 Dec 03

How do i run AVG in safe mode and how do i get to safe mode in xp?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:44 19 Dec 03

can i install the patch i didnt have it before?

Jester2K II 13:47 19 Dec 03

You MUST install the patch. Not sure what you mean by "can i install the patch i didnt have it before?"

When your PC beeps at boot up start tapping F8. Select Safe Mode. Then scan with AVG as normal.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:49 19 Dec 03

I was on my way to win update site when resident shield popped up telleing me i had worm so i got no updates yet for xp

Regards

Jester2K II 13:51 19 Dec 03

Get the patch using a mates PC. The virus will hit you again before you can get the patch off Windows update. Either that or install a firewall. Again if you haven't got one saved then use a mates PC.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:59 19 Dec 03

ok problem cant get into safe mode with F8 cos it brings up my boot menu when i press it any other way to get to safe mode? I have downloaded patch can i install it after i remove worm? or before,have turned system restore off.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…