help virus found

swingtime 16:08 21 Feb 03

Help needed please I ran avg today and it detected a virus on c drive what do I do now cheers it gave no more information just said virus detected on c

huzzar 16:43 21 Feb 03

What AVG program are you using?

swingtime 17:05 21 Feb 03

free avg and it is up to date does not give any info just virus detected computer seems to be working ok
thanks for reply

huzzar 17:18 21 Feb 03

It seems that your free avg is telling you things that you don't want to know - if it don,t tell you which it is or how to get rid of it I would sling it out the window and get one that does. there is some good AVG software on the net for you to download (I use Norton myself) I suggest you download one and let it find and remove it.

Maybe someone else knows of a good link to an AVG for you.

swingtime 17:25 21 Feb 03

Hello I feel a bit foolish I just remembered I done a test a few nights from f-secure.virus-info/eicar and this is what shows on the computer it just shows a little knowledge is dangerous so how do I remove this from my computer thanks again

Gaz 25 01:21 22 Feb 03

Delete it, it is a test virus!

No harm is done by it!

Regards,
Gaz25

swingtime 12:04 22 Feb 03

thank you it's time to tick the box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…