HELP, virus found!!!

Rhuddlan 16:25 24 Jan 05

I am at a friend's house and she has windows xp home sp1 and avg 7.0 and whilst doing an online scan, it found a virus, funner.a

Can anyone tell me how serious this virus is? and is there a removal tool for it?

Thanks in advance, Rhuddlan

johnnyrocker 16:27 24 Jan 05

can it remove it?

johnny.

Cook2 16:27 24 Jan 05

click here to find help.

Bagsey 16:55 24 Jan 05

Have a look in the virus vault, it is probably already packed away safely there. Let it stop there if you wish because avg will throw it out after a few weeks.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:32 24 Jan 05

In the AVG test centre, test results, what does it show in the total counts? e.g. Infected, Cleaned, Moved to Vault, Deleted, Errors.

ACOLYTE 17:39 24 Jan 05

Does AVG have an online scan function? if you used another AV scanner online it most probably removed it or would have told you after the scan if it could'nt,Run AVG from the pc and scan again.

Rhuddlan 18:08 24 Jan 05

So if it;s in the virus vault, there;s no need to go through the removal process as I found on the symantec website. Will the virus not cause any more harm to the comp that way?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:18 24 Jan 05

That's correct. If it reported it had Cleaned a file, or moved it to the vault the PC should be fine. If following scans report no viruses you should be all clear.

Rhuddlan 23:23 24 Jan 05

The virus vault is empty, is there a way to put it in the virus vault? or a way to remove the file without going through the long and complicated removal process???

johnnyrocker 23:26 24 Jan 05

you appear not to have answered my post of 16.27 and the answer to that depends on the action you should take.

johnny.

Rhuddlan 23:27 24 Jan 05

It has viruses 1 and errors 0 in the test results

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…