HELP Virus emailing my address book

mfh4 15:17 23 Jul 12

Hi, I have a BT internet email address and only use it on my Blackberry phone. I have just been getting emails from friends and colleagues about me sending them stupid emails - but it wasn't me ! I think I have been hacked and a virus has done this. How can I firstly stop it and secondly prevent it happening again. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

chub_tor 16:43 23 Jul 12

BT uses Yahoo! for email, the best thing you can do is to change your password immediately.

rdave13 16:46 23 Jul 12

Log in to your account. Change password to a strong one. Change your details in your account such as your security question and whatever else you can to change.

rdave13 16:54 23 Jul 12

One thing to note, in your BT internet account, in the security options, do you have a third party email you use if you forget your password? If so check what it is now. If the same you'll have to change that email's password. If it is different then make a note of it and delete it. Your account may have been hacked.

mfh4 10:12 24 Jul 12

Hi guys, thanks for the advice, I have already deleted all old emails and will now reset all passwords, security questions and that 3rd party email etc as per your replies. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…