//some 3rd party need geo

Help Virus Again

Lillylou 09:39 29 Nov 03

Due to a spam my pc if telling me I have a virus again i have run AVG twice and nothing has appeared and nothing is showing on Norton or Adware.
The message is Virus Worm I Mimail
"C:\Documents and Settings\b.cook\local Settings\Application Data\IM\identities\{19438COB-C72C-4653-98DE-C2CA069A7937}.\Message Store\Attachments\click here"

My inbox is et not to show the message until I open it so I can check who is sending to me and I have now blocked the address.

Can anyone help in idiot language as I don't understand alot about these things.

Thanks.

VoG II 09:43 29 Nov 03
  Lillylou 10:02 29 Nov 03

Thanks VoG but how do I remove the registry value.

VoG II 10:09 29 Nov 03

Start, Run and type in

regedit

and click OK

Make a backup using File/Export and save to your desktop. In the unlikely event that things go wrong you can double click the backup file to restore the registry.

Now, in the left hand pane, click the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then on Software, then on Microsoft and so on until you reach HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SvcHost32

click on the SvcHost32 entry and press the Delete key. Confirm that you want to delete it when prompted. Then click on the X to exit regedit.

Do not be tempted to touch anything else in the Registry.

VoG II 10:21 29 Nov 03

Or run Stinger click here

Lillylou 12:22 30 Nov 03

VoG
Do you mean click all the + to open all the files ? When I reached HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE there was no \Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curentversion\Run\SvcHost32. Sorry to keep bothering you but I am totally stuck about what to do.

VoG II 14:10 30 Nov 03

Don't bother with the registry edit if you can't follow it. Just run Stinger as above.

Lillylou 19:54 30 Nov 03

VoG
I ran the Stinger and I have re run AVG twice which seems to have caught the virus and put it in the Vault, but is my pc clean now, I have not sent any e-mails in case I pass it on. Sorry to be a pain but I am such a novice at these things and I do appreciate all the help you have given me.

VoG II 19:58 30 Nov 03

Why don't you delete it from the vault. I'm not familiar with AVG but I'm sure there must be a way to do this. If you delete it, you'll be sure it has gone, although if it is in the vault it can't do any harm anyway.

bvw in bristol 20:21 30 Nov 03

The AVG virus vault can be accessed by launching AVG and at the top left hand side of the main screen you will see "Program", click this to see the virus vault. You can delete the contents by clicking on "File".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…