Help Is this a virus

Happyrock 08:34 11 Jan 03
  Happyrock 08:34 11 Jan 03

My daughter has just THE SIMS GAME latest version and while installing it, this message came on and then her pc went haywire. An egg shaped colour appeared then expanded until it covered the whole screen and stops her seeing and using the PC. I wont give the whole message in case of infection, but it starts with AVRIL L. Has anyone any clues.Thanks for any advice Happyrock.

powerless 08:36 11 Jan 03

Well yes it is a virus.

Just click here and wait a few seconds...

...Removal instructions are at the bottom.

Andsome 09:07 11 Jan 03

I knew about the virus, but not about the Microsoaft patch. Many many thanks for the link.

rickf 09:49 11 Jan 03

If using McAfee download superdat file 4241.exe to protect yourself from infection.

Happyrock 09:54 11 Jan 03

Andsome and rickf, thanks for your responses, but I think it has been resolved now. TTFN. Norm.

Happyrock 09:55 11 Jan 03

Powerless. Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but I wanted to stop my daughter doing anything drastic, but she had already put her Hewlett packard into rescue mode. I looked up your solution and it seems to have all the right answers, so when she can setup dialup network again.to get onthe net,she will try to get it eliminated. Thnks a lot for your valuable help.
Norm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…