Help virus

Lillylou 14:28 27 Nov 03

AVG found a virus and I have managed to sort that problem out it came in with Incredimail. I have try to remove Incredimail but I get a message "invlaid INSTALL.Log" what does this mean and how can I uninstall it.

terminus 14:44 27 Nov 03

I've done this a couple of times before, when I've had an incredimail file infected, and re-installed successfully.
Other people I know who've had problems with incredimail made it their default mail handler.

Just a shot in the dark. :-((

Lillylou 15:22 27 Nov 03

You don't say how to uninstall it and as it is not set as my default why if mail still going in there and what does "invalid INSTALL.LOG file" mean.

rawprawn 16:12 27 Nov 03

To get rid of it completely Open search type the correct name of the program & delete anything that comes up, then go to Start/run/type regedit. Make sure My computer is highlighted click on edit click Find type in the exact name click find, delete any item highlighted with the related file name then click find next & do the same continue until there are no more. Do not touch anything else in the registry & make a backup of the registry before you start incase of any mistakes ( Highlight my computer click file click export

rawprawn 16:16 27 Nov 03

Instead of the program name type INSTALL.LOG, but you may need to search for incredimail as I said. I got rid of Incredimail because it was causing problems, this way should do it.

terminus 18:44 27 Nov 03

well that's sorted! Otherwise you'd have to re-install OutlookX as you're default. (for a day or so)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…