HELP VIRUS

madPentium 15:37 21 Nov 03

I have a problem where Norton flashes up when I go into outlook express and it says a file called cc13.tmp has been deleted. It contained w32.yaha.f

I cant get emails to come in , outlook express just sites there and says my connection to the server has been teminated.

Does anyone know anything about this particular thing? I downloaded the yaha removal tool and ran it but it says it isnt on my system.

rawprawn 15:43 21 Nov 03

System Restore ?

madPentium 15:51 21 Nov 03

Didnt help

plankton 16:15 21 Nov 03

Have you run all the usual suspects - Adaware, Spybot etc?

If you're using XP did you turn system restore off before you cleared the virus, and then turn it on again after?

madPentium 18:06 21 Nov 03

yes and yes

BabyOp 18:44 21 Nov 03

madPentium I have had something similar with a virus where Norton couldn't remove it for one reason or another. I went to there site and found a removal tool which reolved my issue.

Try here : click here

Full instructions on how to remove the virus can be found on that link and you should be back to normal in no time.

madPentium 19:05 21 Nov 03

I tried that tool.

I think I have resolved it but dont ask me why it happened this way.

I used mail2web and looked at my waiting emails list. One looked suspicious, someone I didnt know, so I deleted it.
Went to OE and did send/receive and all ok now.
Norton knew the first one was infected, and disconnected the connection. Strange way of doing things?

BabyOp 20:31 21 Nov 03

Nice one glad your back up and running.

A nice tool to use to check your mail before downloading is Mailwasher click here

It shows mail waiting to be collected from your pop3 server and lets you delete anything unwanted before intiating the download.

If your happy the problem is resolved better set the thread to resolved before the thread police come after you ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now