Help with vcds

I am trying to burn some vcds using nero but whenever I do it my computer stops responding. Any advice please?

MidgetMan 19:36 22 Mar 04

Only suggest the following, disable screensaver, close down everything that is running in the background i.e internet, virus scanner etc, let nero start to do its thing and just leave it. You can set the amount of system resources it uses but to lower it will dramaticly increase the convert/burn time. Hope it helps

I tried as you said but stll nothing. When I open the taskmanager it doesn't say 'not running' or 'not responding' but nothing seems to happen.

grabster 22:26 22 Mar 04

which version of nero are you useing and which o/s ?,a clean install of nero should sort out any probs.
which files are you trying to burn to cd ?if you dont have the right plugins then the computer will hang,for s/vcd you need the mpeg2 plugin and also for converting avi files .

grabster 22:28 22 Mar 04

whooops,i meant for mpeg 2 files you need the plugin but mpeg1 should work ok for vcd's.

I have Nero 6, O/S is XP Pro and the files are avi.

Please help someone, this is doing my ead' in!

Wes Tam ;-) 19:11 23 Mar 04

Sometimes Nero adopts a mind of its own - do as grabster said and download Nero again, it once worked for me.

I have it on disc, do you mean uninstall then reinstall?

Wes Tam ;-) 19:19 23 Mar 04

I would go to the Nero website and download the up-to-date v.6.

Yes but I can't upgrade to v6 if I already have it!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…