Help on using Word please!

misters 21:31 16 Oct 03

Hi i was typing a letter the other day using word 2000 and made a few mistakes, when i went back to correct the mistakes the problem occured.

Everytime i tried to add a letter to a sentence the whole line would disappear after i pressed enter and a lot of wee stupid things like that it was so frustrating. Anyone any ideas?
I haven't used word in quite a while so i dont know what i'm doing wrong.
thanx in advance.

PhiltheFragger 21:34 16 Oct 03

Perchance you have hit the Insert key accidentally, when you should have pressed the delete key ( they are next to each other.

Hit the insert key again and hopefully it will return to normal

misters 21:36 16 Oct 03

PhiltheFragger No tried that made ure i hit right key.

JIM 21:56 16 Oct 03

always difficult to answer your type of question and as you say, you haven't used word in quite a while it could be just You :)

Unless your having crashes or error messages,The best i could suggest is to take a refresher course via the links.

Getting started with Word 2000

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

f1fan 21:58 16 Oct 03

try closing word then find the file 'normal.dot' and rename it. open word and cross your fingers.

misters 14:39 18 Oct 03

A friend says to save my work leave it for a few hours then restart, this worked but when i go back to another document it all starts happening again, done a virus check and everything was ok.

Any other ideas i could try?
thanx.

misters 14:39 18 Oct 03

A friend says to save my work leave it for a few hours then restart, this worked but when i go back to another document it all starts happening again, done a virus check and everything was ok.

Any other ideas i could try?
thanx.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…