help using remote assistance

Bazz2000 11:38 16 Dec 04

Hi guys, Im trying to help a friend out using remote assistance through msn, but i cant get it to work. Ive shut down all other programs and disabled my firewall but still nothing. He has done the same. I dont uderstand it as we have both used this before (although not with each other). Or failing that is there another way i can connect to his pc to change some settings and have a look?? Both using XP pro with firewall disabled with no other programs running.
Any help be really appreciated. Thanks ppl

Kegger 16:48 16 Dec 04

hi Bazz2000

VNC is another remote software package that after it is installed works very well click here to access the site and then download and install software, you will also need to know ip address of computer you wish to remotely take over as well as an agreed password. works for all flavours of OS. post again if you need more help
kegger

User-312386 16:52 16 Dec 04

ensure that you are both using the same messenger service.

There is MSN messenger and windows messenger, which are 2 different programmes.

If you are both using MSN messenger, ensure that you both have the same click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…