Help using Outook 2010

wrg 16:14 31 Oct 10

Afternoon to you all.

I am using Outlook 2010. If I click a link contained in an e-mail I get the following message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" I am useing a personal laptop, Win7 and I am logged on as administrator. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Bill

Terry Brown 17:03 31 Oct 10

If it is only that one Email, I would guess Outlook classes it as a security risk/virus/trogan and will not allow it.

You could check the security settings (may be set too high)or if it is an attachment, you may have to save it first, before trying to open it.

Terry

wrg 17:25 31 Oct 10

No it does it on all links. Do you mean security settings in outlook? If so I cannot find them.

VoG II 17:54 31 Oct 10

Try on the File tab, Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings.

wrg 18:13 31 Oct 10

Hi

Thanks for responding. I cannot seem to see anything in these settings that stops me clicking on a link.

VoG II 18:18 31 Oct 10

Well, well well...

click here

wrg 18:50 31 Oct 10

Well, well well....
Followed the advice with ref to access programs and changed to IE being my default provider and it worked. I can now access hyperlinks. That may also stop me getting that annoying question "IE is not set as you default explorer" Even though I authorised in the response dialogue. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…