HELP!! User a/c lost

herbert123 12:32 05 Jan 09

My niece has added a user a/c to my pc. This now appears as the ONLY user a/c and has Administrator level.

How can I get my original a/c back with all my settings/folders/favourites?

johndrew 14:36 05 Jan 09

If you have a backup of your system you can use that, but obviously some later data will not be available. Or you may be able to use System Restore to the point before the changes were made.

I would also suggest an account for your niece which has limited privileges.

lotvic 18:57 05 Jan 09

Well I was going to try to help but now,

I have every sympathy with you. I have a 6 year old grandson who has altered the user accounts on my spare pc. and my account has disappeared and I now have to log on as either a 6 year old or a 4 year old User.

I have just discovered this.
I have no idea what/how he has done it, except that is the pc that I used when I was trying to help with this thread Change name click here

He has apparently achieved what I had failed to do and changed the name of the Documents folder.

I am now left wondering if he just changed the name and picture and altered my desktop or if he deleted my account altogether and am thankful that I do not allow them on this pc (Phew)

canarieslover 19:23 05 Jan 09

Try information on this forum.
click here

lotvic 20:04 05 Jan 09

thanks canarieslover that link will help me also.

herbert123
have you got any further yet?
Check this path and see if your Documents named folder is still there
rightclick My Computer > Explore >
click on Local Disk (C:) in the left pane
click on Documents and Settings in the left pane

is your named folder now displayed in the Rightside Pane?

if so then it means that your neice has just changed the user name to hers and has not deleted your user account.

Unless you were using the built in Administrator Account as yours (no no don't, as per info canarieslover's link) in which case it has just disappeared from the login screen at startup.

I have been sorting my spare pc and have found the little (6 year old) tinker has only changed the name and picture on my user account - (big sigh of relief) and as an added bonus has installed some extra games :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…