Help with USB port on laptop re internet

oo7juk 10:03 05 Feb 07

Hi,

My friend has just purchased a laptop and she telephoned me yesterday because she couldn't connect to the net, she just said a red light was on the modem.

I went down and the usb light on her Thompson modem was red and her adsl light was green, confirmation that it wasn't connected.

I unplugged the modem and then reconnected and it recognised the modem ok, but when I moved the modem plug/cable from side to side while still connected it disconnected.

I mentioned to her that the usb ports may be loose and she should take it back to store and get advice.

She took it back and they said all the usb connections on the hp range are like that and it could be her modem. Has anybody had any similar problems.

Thanks to all who help.

Zero G 10:44 05 Feb 07

Did she load the drivers correctly for the Modem?

oo7juk 12:17 05 Feb 07

Don't no ZeorG it was her son who installed the modem. It came with an installtion disc and he said he just followed the disc. I do know since then he has performed 2 system restores since she gor the laptop. Is it worth her while phoning the ISP?

Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 05 Feb 07

he has performed 2 system restores since she gor the laptop.

Might need to reinstall drivers if system restore was back to before the modem was installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now