Help - US keyboard

Rowz 18:53 06 Oct 03

I bought a Logitech optical MX keyboard and mouse and found out that it is for the US. How do I get around the problem of no £ sign key? I've sorted out a plug adapter, but I'm stuck with solving this problem! Is there an answer or should I take it back? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

spikeychris 18:58 06 Oct 03

The MOST common problem in computers. What O/S are you running? if XP then control panel and under regional and language click languages and details. Use the + symbol to move the English UK input to the top of the list.

9X is easier...use the keyboard options..

seedie 19:12 06 Oct 03

Where did you buy this Kboard and what does SHIFT 3 show?

CD

Rowz 19:18 06 Oct 03

I'm building a new system and will be using Windows XP Pro. I've not done anything will the keyboard yet.

Belatucadrus 19:46 06 Oct 03

Unless you've got a good reason for keeping it i'd take the keyboard back, if you set the default keyboard language to English UK some of the keys aren't going to match their function, so you'd be looking at keyboard labels to correct that and they aren't cheap. Alternatively you could use character map to copy and paste a £ sign. Neither option is entirely satisfactory.

anchor 09:23 07 Oct 03

Take it back!; Why have all this aggravation. As Belatucadrus said, you would end up with stickers all over the keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…