Help urgently needed re MY Lappy losing connection

AngeTheHippy 20:19 28 Feb 11

Hi everyone, Please can I have a bit of help with my Lappy wireless connection. OS is Vista. From time to time, it loses wireless connection, even though the other Laptop in the house is still connected. It has always reconnected - sometimes almost immediately, other times after minutes. It's been down a couple of hours now, I've just performed diagnostics and it's reporting the following:

In the Events window I get:
The adapter is not connected. Event 6100

Result of diagnosis: Problem found
Root cause: Windows cannot connect to (my SSID)
The Wireless network key is not correct

Well, it IS correct! I've even re-entered it and still get the same result!

I don't know what to do now and am getting desperate. Please, can someone advise?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

mgmcc 21:23 28 Feb 11

Delete the existing wireless 'profile' and then go through the procedure to 'Connect' again - click the network icon, select the network that matches you router's SSID and click the Connect button. Enter the key when prompted.

AngeTheHippy 21:49 28 Feb 11

Hi mgmcc, thank you. At the moment,both Lappys are connected. I powered down and unplugged the router for 5 minutes and whadayaknow, powered it all up again andwas both online. I'll see whether it does it again, if so will do as you suggest.

Thankyou,

Ange
x

woodchip 22:14 28 Feb 11

I get it a lot with a know problem on my Samsung Netbook nc10 after I open the Lid after its been in Sleep Mode its a Intel Wireless Adapter Always asking if I want to send a report

AngeTheHippy 22:25 28 Feb 11

'ello woodchip, funny thing is, I used this Lappy, with a Netgear G router and a previous IP for almost 2 years and it didn't drop the signal ONCE. On 19th December was connected to superfast BB (average 42mb connection), a new N router (my n/w card is N)and it started within a week.

Ange
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac