HELP to uninstall Crfeative Media Programmes

23790954 13:31 26 Sep 07

For some time I have been using a Creative Sound Blaster Live 24 sound card system on my desktop with Windows Xp Pro, on a Gigabyte K8N-SLI motherboard, 3800+ cpu, 1.5 gig ddr memory.
A day or so ago, I started getting a slight vibration with the sound from the speakers, and decided to return the sound system to the motherboard sound system. Thats when the trouble started. I tried to uninstall the drivers and programmes in the normal way via control panel, add and remove etc. but continually got the message "Installation support file could not be installed" "system cannot find file" when trying to remove Creative Media Source and Creative Media Source 5. I have tried to uninstall the sound system in numerous ways, e.g. reinstalling everything and trying to uninstall it afterwards but get the same results. I have tried to uninstall it by working in safe mode, to no effect. I have tried to search for the files in the windows search facility to delete them but to no effect. I have tried to delete the files through the programmes of "my computer" on drive c; but again to no effect. I did also try the installation disc that came with the sound card, which has an uninstalling facility on it, but this does not work either. Can anyone please advise me on a way of getting rid of these unwanted programmes and drivers.
Many thanks to all who try to help me.

mymate 17:19 26 Sep 07

This is good and you can have a free trial

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…