help-typed address removal

gunner-joe 12:25 16 Sep 04

I have a constant problem. Help appreciated!
I cannot remove a web address from the address bar. Have removed history and previous details-
still have this address coming up. Also have
Mcafee privacy service-is it any good as I find it extemely annoying-especially when I'm not logged on and boxes are appearing telling me 'my
browser settings have changed'. Any advice... CHEERS!

JonnyTub 12:35 16 Sep 04

do you have ad-aware and spybot installed if not get these straight away.

Chris the Ancient 14:46 16 Sep 04

Get Start Page Guard from here...

click here

That monitors front page 'hijacks'

rawprawn 15:02 16 Sep 04

click here For Adaware click here for Spybot

rawprawn 15:06 16 Sep 04

lso Spywareblaster is very good it just runs unobtrusively in the background, all you have to do is keep it up to date click here

gunner-joe 15:11 16 Sep 04

Sorry for not getting back to you all as quick as you would have liked! I use SPYBOT and Adaware but have had no success. I am sure this is a bug on my system...CRUMBS!

rawprawn 15:36 16 Sep 04

OK download and run this click here

rawprawn 15:38 16 Sep 04

What is th web address you can't move, and what OS.

gunner-joe 15:49 16 Sep 04

I use an athlon xp. The security I use is Mcafee
firewall and antivirus. Spybot and Adaware can't sort it. The website is click here
Thanks for the help "rawprawn"

rawprawn 17:22 16 Sep 04

Just to check, Have you tried internet Options and under the General tab retype youe homepage? I know it's simple but people sometimes forget.

gunner-joe 18:46 18 Sep 04

Yes, Rawprawn, I have had no luck removing this web address from my address box. When I start up-log on, the first address I come to is the one I don't want! I have entered the new home page but it keeps coming back, almost leering at me. It's not doing anything, but I just want rid of it. Thanks for the advice on spybot and adaware. I thought I was clean but am confounded.

Cheers GJ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…