HELP :( Trying to set up wireless speedtouch 576

gvp444 16:01 05 Oct 06

Hi, When it comes to computers I would say i am an intermediate user and can usually suss things out, BUT..............

I was getting fed up with my normal usb adsl modem cutting out so thought stuff this i'll go wireless. I bought a usb wireless adapter and i bought a New Speedtouch 576 wireless router/modem from ebay.

I thought great plug the adapter in and load software, no problems with that, Then it came to the 576, This was obviosly supplied for AOL but I am not on AOL, there fore i find the instalation cd pointless. I connected the modem router to my line and to the Ethernet (dont understand how its wireless when it has to connect to the PC) and it supposedly set up. I could find 3 wireless networks that weren't mine and tried to set up my own so the modem would work but couldn't even do that, so basically i haven't got a clue, dismantled it all and put the usb modem back on.

If anyone can help me set this up so i can put the modem router over the otherside of the room and have a wireless internet connection it would be much appreciated.

PS i am not goint to be connecting other pcs etc just want a wireless internet connection for this one pc.

Thanks

Technotiger 16:46 05 Oct 06

Hi, I don't think this can be done as you describe, I am pretty sure that the modem router must be wire/connected to at least one pc.

But to be sure, I would advise you to put this Post into the Networking section of this Forum.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…