HELP!! TRYING TO CONVERT 8MM TAPE TO DVD

know_nowt 01:23 07 Feb 09

Could someone please help... i am trying to convert my old 8MM tapes to DVD is there an cheap and easy way to do this without sending them away... i have at least twenty tapes so sending them away really isn't an option.

I have thought about converting them to VHS and then to DVD but that would probably take forever, is there another way??

I would be grateful if someone could advise...

thanks!!!

sebiven 02:31 07 Feb 09

By 8mm tapes can I assume you mean 8mm cine film?

MCE2K5 02:54 07 Feb 09

Or it could be these click here?

If it is Tape, Have you still got the Camcorder, and does it still work.

know_nowt 11:30 07 Feb 09

yeah i mean the camcorder tapes... and no the camcorder is broken ..

eedcam 11:36 07 Feb 09

converting to vhs/dvd wont take forever whichever way you go will be in realtime = 1 hour of 8 mm to vhs 1 hour then 1 hour to dvd .Then only minutes to import dvd to the pc

know_nowt 11:39 07 Feb 09

but how do i go about it..? do you recommend converting the 8mm tapes to VHS first then CD?

audeal 12:58 07 Feb 09

I think the first thing here is to decide how you are going to play the 8mm tapes so they can be transfered. If your camera is broke then how can you play them.

know_nowt 13:26 07 Feb 09

yeah well that's the problem... there used to be a tape within a tape.. where by you inserted a 8mm into a VHS tape... having problems getting one. alternately i am gonna have to buy myself another old second hand camcorder. the question is however which would be the best way around it... i know you can buy a lead from VHS - pc... but that means from 8mm - VHS - Pc, is that the only way or is there an easlier way?? am i making sense???

audeal 13:37 07 Feb 09

know_nowt: "there used to be a tape within a tape.. where by you inserted a 8mm into a VHS tape". know_nowt, If you mean a tape converter for VHS "C" tapes which will play on a vhs video recorder then as far as I know they will not fit this tape converter. I have got Two of these tape converters but I doubt if they would be of use to you. If this type of converter does work then maybe we can sort something out so you can copy your 10 tapes.

know_nowt 13:41 07 Feb 09

awww thanks... thinking about it you are right! it wouldnt work,,,, i am all confused now :(

audeal 13:51 07 Feb 09

You could take a look at your local "Freecycle" site and see if somebody is trying to get rid of a camera or maybe you could got to your local "Cash Converters", They may have one going cheap. As you only have 10 tapes then you do not want to spend out to much money.

Another thing to take into consideration is that you will need a "Capture Card" or other Device to capture the films from the tapes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac