Help - trial software from disk freezing on load

AKoss 14:56 18 Mar 07

Hi

I got your latest PC DVD and decided to try out the Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 trial. Using the windows control panel to add a new programme it starts up with the window loading languages. I select English and then it goes to the next window to choose the trial version or full version (using the serial). I selected trial the first time and a few minutes into the loadup my computer power cut (unfortunately).

Since then whenever I try to reload the trail version again it simply freezes after I select the trial version button - after which it should start setting up the programme.

Does anyyone have any suggestion how I can "clean the pc" so that it starts fresh without some hidden registry key or whatever it is that blocks it from completing the whole set up?????

Any help MUCH appreciated.
Adam

chub_tor 15:05 18 Mar 07

Run CCleaner click here use the Issues Tab to clean the registry.

RickyC :-) 15:11 18 Mar 07

I'd suggest that instead of installing the trial of Acrobat from the Add/Remove option in Control Panel, you access the installation file from the DVD. Either load up the disc interface and install the program by clicking on the 'install' button from the trial software menu, or run the executable file from the relevant folder on the disc (by going through Windows Explorer or Start, Run, etc.)

If you continue to have problems with this, please feel free to email me directly (my email address can be found in the magazine), or click on the yellow envelope next to my user name above.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

AKoss 15:42 18 Mar 07

I have tried those options...direct from th disk...the Run option as mentioned in the DVD, but both have the same result...a suspension of any further action after the choice of the trial or full version...it just "hangs"...

I am downloading the C-Cleaner....would that help from your point of view?

RickyC :-) 18:11 18 Mar 07

CCleaner would (in theory) remove any entries left in the registry following your first attempt to install the software. But that's not necessarily the reason why the installation didn't work first time.

click here to check that your PC is up to the system requirements for Adobe Acrobat.

Also - it may be an idea to copy the installation file over to your desktop and running it from there. From memory, it's a fairly large installation file, so that may help.

AKoss 09:06 19 Mar 07

Hi Richard

I have copied the file to my drive and tried that way with no result. I have also tried direct from the DVD with also the same. Space on my disk is plenty (around 10GB spare at present). So I am flumexed!

I run Windows XP on my Fujistu Siemends Laptop (80GB hard drive) 1026MB RAM, etc... its only 4 months old.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced