Help a thick bloke

spikeychris 16:37 22 Jan 04

I have built a few basic sites and I'm learning as I go. Changed my computer systems so my previous FTP has changed, I'm using Smart FTP now but cant get it to work.

I've deleted everything from my site with the intention on starting again click here to see a test I uploaded, it should just say "Test to see"...whats all that other stuff??

I titled the page index.htm but I cant suss out how to upload correctly using Smart FTP.

Giza lift

Chris

spikeychris 16:51 22 Jan 04

spikeychris 16:55 22 Jan 04

Posted next door..

Taran 19:29 22 Jan 04

Sorry Chris, I've never used the product before.

I use WS-FTP Pro and have done for longer than I care to admit to.

I regard it as the best there is.

Hopefully someone with experience of the product will be able to help.

T

IClaudio 19:52 22 Jan 04

I like your domain name!

T

(but can't help with the prob, I'm a Wise-er too)

soy 20:26 22 Jan 04

Hi,

I've never used Smart FTP but i've found a tutorial on how to use it: click here

Hope it helps.

Chegs ® 22:45 22 Jan 04

click here

This site offers an "Please see the Download HowToclick here and Installation HowToclick here for help."

tomleady 09:18 23 Jan 04

i use smartftp.

sometimes i have to call the index page 'index.html' not just htm.

try using maybe default.html.

what i do to put into the smartftp, is to find my page (index.html) in my windows explorer folders, then i simple press Ctrl+C, then paste into the smartFTP.

try that.

tom

spikeychris 11:58 23 Jan 04

Since my first post I have changed the look of the page, starting a new thread...

Thanks people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…